Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Is this what your kitchen looks like?...

I was on the phone with a friend yesterday and making dinner around 4:00 when I turned around to find a huge bubble in our ceiling that had water dripping from it. Being the completely dramatic person I am I started freaking out right away. Tim was at work and not reachable, so I called the builder. The main head honcho was out of town, and the plumber that did the plumbing for our house had gotten in a car accident earlier in the day. For about an hour I could not find anyone to come and help and had absolutely no idea why our kitchen ceiling was filling with water. About 2 hours later, we had a contractor and plumber at the house cutting the ceiling open. The water was coming from a leak in the laundry room. So in addition to the kitchen there is a chunk of wall cut out in the laundry room as well. I'm sad that our 3 month old has already has to have repairs... But... this is the story of my life.

6 comments:

Chase and Kortney Crowley said...

That is so sad!!! Are they repairing it for free? I sure hope so!!! It always seems that when life is going great something bad has to happen!!! I hope everything is gets settled soon!

Heather said...

Hey, better now than years later. Our friends just found a leak from a nail being put through the hot water line from the sheetrock guys in their 4 year old house. NICE.

Amy said...

AAAHHH! Holy cow! That is crazy!

Robin {keephomesimple} said...

Oh Haley, I am so sorry! That totally stinks! I hope they make it all better soon!

ericksonzone said...

That is awful. Once you get into a house you think all the problems will go away. Not so apparently. Hope that gets fixed soon.

Julie said...

Thank goodness for warranties. Hopefully it won't last too long!