Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Paint.

I hate white walls. No, I take that back I don't hate them, I just don't like them in my own home. I've wanted to paint the inside of the house since the day we moved in. I got Athen's room done a long time ago. But have gone back and forth on what color to paint the downstairs. On Monday something hit me, I went out and bought some paint and started painting. It was awful! The color was called carmel, you think it would be kinda brown right? Nope, orange. YUCK! So Tuesday I went and got a different color, Almond Oil, again thought it was going to be more of a taupe. Nope, totally clashes with my carpet. Why is finding the right paint color so hard, why can't it look just like the sample once it covers your whole wall? Even though I have Almond Oil on half of my living room walls, I'm back to the drawing board trying to find the right color. You want to help? Stop on by! I'd love your opinion.

5 comments:

Denisse said...

Where did you buy your paint? You may already know this but avoid Wal-mart at all cause. Try Home Depot or Lowes. The paint I used for our front room is called Cookie Crumb with an Eggshell finish (that just means that it's matte not semi-glossy or glossy) I'm really happy with how it turned out but if I were to do it again I may have gone with the lighter shade called Ivory Sampler. But nonetheless, I love how it looks, it's a little darker than what I would have called perfect...but it might have to do with the fact that we don't get enough light in our front room and that might contribute to it looking a little darker but like I said I'm satisfied with how it turned out.

Anyway, I ripped a bunch of Pottery Barn catalog pages, picked out my favorite room with the paint I liked, then took it to Home Depot and the guy in the paint area and I tried to pick the closest match.

Good luck Haley! Painted walls make such a HUGE difference. They make your house look so cozy!!! I can't wait to see pictures sooN!!!:)

Denisse said...

OH! Haley! If you want to see a picture of what the cookie crumb paint looks like go to my blog and look for the September 19, 2008 post. I have pictures there of our front room. It might not be what you're wanting but it might help...:)

Robin {keephomesimple} said...

I'd love to come by and help...anytime after this Thursday. Doesn't it stink how colors look so different in a store vs. your home???

Denisse said...

Sorry I'm commenting so much but I remember how hard it was to decide what color to paint our living room. I found another color that might be what you are looking for it's called Harvest Brown by Beahr at Home Depot. One of my friends painted her living room this color and it looks really nice! Anyway, hope it helps!:) Buena Suerte!

Amy said...

I have a ton of tan leftover if you're interested.