Happy Halloween!
To celebrate I will be giving away one of these books signed by this very awesome talented illustrator.

To enter:
leave a comment sharing with me your favorite Halloween tradition.
The drawing will take place Monday at noon in hopes to get this fun book to the winner by Halloween!
To start I'll share a tradition with you.
Growing up, Halloween marked the first day of fall that my mom would start fires in our fireplace.I remember coming home from school to our double sided fireplace and the warm cozy feel of our home warmed by the fire. Along with the fire was the smell of spider soup that mom would make. Her yummy clam chowder with little black and white plastic spiders hidden within. I remember the excitement in every bit wondering if I missed picking out a white spider because they hid so well.
What great memories and traditions I've been excited to carry on with my own family.
Lets hear yours!
Check out some of the illistrations from Halloween Nights here.
9 comments:
Halloween was always a fun time in my family. I had pretty easy-going parents. (To this day they would now agree they should have been stricter with us kids, hehe). We weren't the family that purchase new Halloween costumes. Given that my sister and I had danced all of our growing years we had plenty to pick and choose from. It was fun to mix and match and see how many different themes or ideas we could come up with. Also, the beginning of fall meant homemade Chili and cornbread, pumpkin rolls (Our families favorites dessert) and many inside bbq's. In our family instead of brunch we call it "Linner Dunch" because we do it between lunch and dinner. This year we are making announcements and flyers for our Linner Dunch party and I am so excited for my Mama's Cookin!
Cool! I didn't have too many Halloween traditions growing up, but some I have started in my little family are having mummy dogs (hotdogs wrapped in rhodes rolls to look like mummies... hard to describe...) and creepy yummy bug juice for dinner.
oooh, I'd love to win this!
My favorite tradition is probably a lot of people's favorite. Carving pumpkins for FHE with our dad. He's a neat freak so he made sure that the very messy process was as clean as possible!
My favorite memory is the ghetto halloween costumes we used to get. You know, the ones with the plastic mask with the holes for the eyes cut out and the elastic back that went around your head and then the plastic "outfit" that went with it. Do you remember those? I used to have a Ragedy Ann one that scared me but I wore it any way:)
You and Laura need to get together. She is so good at using old clothes to make new cute clothes. That shirt turned out awesome.
The only one I can think of is the fact that I was always so stinking excited to wear my previous years dance costume for trick or treating...it would always be something so strange and super bright and when people would ask what I was I would just say "a dancer" I never actually bought costumes, just my dance ones :)
trick or treating with my dad is by far my favorite memory. it was his night with just us and we would walk the neighborhood as long as we wanted.
love, lindsay
We didn't have any 'Halloween' traditions growing up, and we never really bought any costumes, just made up our own with whatever was lying around the house. But come Thanksgiving and Christmas, look out! Traditions gallore. Being married and living here we are closer to Thomas's mom and started a new tradition...they come over and we eat pizza while watching a scary movie and answering the door for the trick or treaters...it's nice to have everyone there.
I love carving pumpkins, and our frito and chili traditional halloween meal!
Post a Comment